connect two computers for file sharing

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Wed Oct 11 07:52:09 UTC 2006

How do I connect two computers for file transfer under kubuntu dapper?

They both have lan cards and I can connect them using a lan cable, but after
that - I am lost :)

First I guess I have to assign both computers manual IPs, and then? What
packages should I install to make full use of the KDE built in file sharing
(I mean, the System settings module Sharing > file sharing and the options
that become available upon selecting Properties of a directory in a konqueror
window... Is there a howto about this anywhere?

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info