Change file names based upon date_time

Leticia Hernández aikurn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:27:49 UTC 2006

2006/10/9, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
> I have a recursive directory of photos with inconsistent filenames. Is
> there a program that will rename all the files, based upon the time
> and date that the photo was taken?

Have you tried Krename[1]? It's a GUI tool, not command line, and it's
in the repositories. You can add all the files that you want and it
"batch-renames" them automagically. It has an option to add exif data
to the filename, I have a localized version (Spanish) but I guess it's
called "expressions" in English or something similar.

Hope it helps.