HP scanner

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:06:26 UTC 2006

On 09/10/06, Bry Melvin <brymelvin at melvinart.com> wrote:
> My experience with HP all in ones hasn't been great with Ubuntu
>
> I recently bought one (C3140) and it wouldn;t scan:
>
> HP said to get the latest HPILP source and compile it Now it works fine. The
> Ubunut implemenatation is lacking

At least you got it working- that's what's important. Also in Windows
it presumably wouldn't work out of the box. That's why it comes with a
CD.

> I filed a bug report with Ubuntu on this.
>
> HP gives goos instructions even telling you what libraries to install.

Do you still have those instructions? I'd like to see them. Thanks.
What department did you contact? When I tried the online chat support,
they told me that they don't support Linux. I told them that I'm now
returning the unit (which I might- I have 14 days to do so at Office
Depot).

> After that it's ./config make and make install.
>
> it now works fine...don't forget to use suo with the make install.
>
> I believe installing HPILP from source is the only option to get it to scan.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/
http://simplesniff.com/