HP scanner

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Mon Oct 9 00:27:50 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote: I have an HP 4255 All-in-One Scanner/Fax/Printer. The printer
functions work great. How can I scan an image with the device? I've
never scanner in either windows or Linux. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://english-lyrics.com/
http://song-lirics.com/

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

My experience with HP all in ones hasn't been great with Ubuntu

I recently bought one (C3140) and it wouldn;t scan:

HP said to get the latest HPILP source and compile it Now it works fine. The Ubunut implemenatation is lacking

I filed a bug report with Ubuntu on this.

HP gives goos instructions even telling you what libraries to install.

After that it's ./config make and make install.

it now works fine...don't forget to use suo with the make install.

I believe installing HPILP from source is the only option to get it to scan.

Bryann