setting up a lan only ftp server?

Rafal Zawadzki bluszcz at jabberpl.org
Sun Oct 8 17:03:55 UTC 2006

Dnia sobota, 7 października 2006 16:11, Nigel Ridley napisał:
> Up until now I have been using nfs to connect my laptop (and other
> computers on our home lan) to my main box - but it has started to become
> slow to connect.
> Anyway, I would like to be able to set up an ftp server on my main box
> so that all the computer on our home lan - AND only on our home lan -
> can connect to it.
>
> Our home lan is behind an old computer running Coyote Linux (gateway,
> router and firewall).
> What is the best way to go about it?

You can use some ftpd server. If your mainbox is masquearading, that's all. If
you mainbox has public IP - then you can set ftp server on only lan interface
and set some iptables rules.

If you had any questions - don't hestiate to ask.

--
 __     __   Rafał Zawadzki [jid/mail: bluszcz at jabberpl.org, skype: blvszcz]