apt-get source list

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 22:24:39 UTC 2006

On 07/10/06, Thilo Six <T.Six at gmx.de> wrote:
> I have tried your mirror here without problems:

Thanks, that's good to know.

> One note about your sources.list though.
>
> Why do you have three lines in there with the same content?
>
> $ grep main sources.list | grepinvert deb-src
> deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted
> deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted
> deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security main restricted
> deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper main restricted
> deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-updates main restricted
> deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security main restricted
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper main restricted universe
> multiverse
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-updates main restricted
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security main restricted
> deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/kde-latest dapper main

Well, that part of the file I never touched. I only modified the end,
where I added some sources. So that's the way Ubuntu configured itself
at install. Bassa.

> Really this something i never will understand.
> Cause it is free doesn´t mean it is meant to be abused.

That's why I only go to the expensive BSDM clubs. Er, wait a minute,
that's a little OT for this list... Like said, no I set it up that
way.

> I suggest to read
> $ man apt_preferences
> to learn how the sources.list works and to understand how to set it up.

Thanks, going for the man now.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/
http://gmail-com.com/