Accessing Ubuntu Gnome menus in KDE

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 11:33:15 UTC 2006

On 07/10/06, anthony baldwin <anthonybaldwin at optonline.net> wrote:
> I see both ¨KUser¨ and ¨Users & Groups¨ in the KMenu>System for user mgmt.
> What else are you looking for?

Yes, they are there. However, I see many differences between users
that were added with these tools, and users added with the Gnome tool.
For instance, the CLI has different defaults, and GUI programs cannot
be launched from the CLI if I su into one of these users. When I add
users from the Gnome tools, then the CLI has my familiar defaults, and
I can launch GUI programs.

There are other system tools as well that I'd like to access. But in
any case, I'd like to know how to access the Gnome menus (or at least
the programs in them). Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com