apt-get source list

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Oct 8 18:13:35 BST 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote the following on 08.10.2006 18:01:

<snip>

> I'm not the computer wiz I maybe should be, so I'll ask a stupid
> question. Because they return the same IP address, they are actually
> the same, right? So any il.* can be safely removed from my
> sources.list?

Right now it would make no difference if you would use it with or
without il.**** since they are _right now_ routed to the same IP=Server.
But that may change in the future.
So i suggest to leave the il.*** since it does no harm and when there is
actual a "lokal" mirror near you, you will instandly using it.

<snip>

> I'd appreciate it if you'd share with me what those three lines should be.

Of cource here you are:
<-------------------------------------------------------------------
deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted universe
multiverse
deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted
universe multiverse
deb http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-security main restricted
universe multiverse
------------------------------------------------------------------->

and maybe for some extra apps a 4th line:
(Realplayer + Opera)

deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu dapper-commercial main

<snip>

> Thanks for all your help. I'm just beginning to understand exactly
> what ticks inside (k)ubuntu, and this is part of the learning process.
> I will make more mistakes, to be sure!

It´s not a problem to make mistakes. It´s allway a problem to _not_
learn from them.
And from my experience i have to say way to much ppl have a big problem
with that second part.

> Dotan Cohen

bye Thilo