Edgy's new startup scripts

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:52:20 UTC 2006

I have read that Edgy uses a different style of startup scripting, more event
based.  I haven't used it, so I'm not familiar with how wonderful it really
is.  My question is are we now going to have to learn a new non-standardized
startup method for every distro we may want to use?
I understand this method may be far superior to sysvinit style scripting,
However, I'm afraid that if we have 100 distros all using different forms of
startup scripting we'll wind up with a very unpopular OS from an app
development perspective.  I have also not read anything about this being LSB
certified, or any other distros adopting this new method, and that worries
me.
Also, were would one find a good set of "howtos" on doing any customization of
this new style?

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.