How to run two users in two terminals

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 3 19:04:58 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 13:23, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I'm testing some apps, and not using my regular user account for this.
> So I'd like a quick way to switch between both users by having two
> users on two consoles. I'd seen a Fedora machine where CTRL-ALT-F7 was
> one graphical terminal, and CTRL-ALT-F8 was another. Can I do that on
> Kubuntu? How? Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan
> http://what-is-what.com
> 65

If you have created the other user, then you can switch users by "KMenu ->
Switch User -> Lock Current & Start New Session"

Then, you can look at the vt# assigned in that same location under KMenu and
that will give you the Function Key number to press with the CTRL+ALT
keycombo.

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com