Mouse and edgy eft

Gunner gcarst at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:43:26 BST 2006

I have a laptop that has a mouse problem:
It 'sails' as if drunk.

I dual boot on this machine with ubuntu hoary as the other OS.
On this machine the mouse is all right.

Log for kubuntu says:

(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6

.. while log for hoary says..

(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.4

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
Gunner