wireless lan & resolv.con

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers.42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:50:19 UTC 2006

running Kubuntu Edgy, on an HP Pavilion dv5000z (AMD)

Finally go the broadcom wifi card to work (YEAH).

The problem, when using dhcp, some program writes the /etc/resolv.conf
incorrectly.

correct:
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 4.2.2.1

the way it is written:
nameserver 1.192.168.1
nameserver 4.2.2.1

even with this reolv.conf, I can work on my local lan, but cannot get
out to the internet.
Secondly. I get one shot at starting the network card, via
KNetworkManager (the only program I found that finds & semi-connects
to my wireless network). If I shut it down for any reason, a reboot
(log off/log on won;'t work) is required to connect again.

Not sure if they are related. so any ideas as to fixing these, or working around these problem?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112