USB automount on Dapper

Silent Ph03nix silentph03nix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:39:18 UTC 2006

On Saturday 15 July 2006 08:38, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrade to Dapper my USB storages doesn't mount anymore, how to
> fix it ?

Has this been resolved?  I'm running KDE 3.5.5 on Ubuntu Dapper (i.e. original
dapper install loaded kubuntu-desktop with aptitude.)  This was working fine
for the longest time.  It even seemed there for a while that my naming of my
usb partitions started working correctly.  I tested today and my USB HD
mounts correctly under GNOME, doesn't mount at all under KDE.  It sees the
partitions as it pops up windows asking me what I want to do with them, but
when I click open in new window.....nothing.  If I drop to a command prompt
and look at /media, the two partition names are not there and are not
mounted.  These are NOT listed in my /etc/fstab as this is a 120GB USB HD.  I
need this to work in KDE again.  If someone would tell me what package to
file a bug against, I would file a launchpad bug or add to an existing one.

Thanks,

--
Ph03nix
Microsoft is not the answer.