Shredding files

Silent Ph03nix silentph03nix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:46:26 UTC 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:48, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> When I was working with my previous distro (Mandriva) I sometimes used
> GPG for encryption. I am sure that it included a shredder, that is a way
> of deleting files by actually overwriting the data many times to make
> sure that it could not be retrieved. This was much, much safer than
> simply using the delete key which left the contents intact.
>
> I have set up GPG on kubuntu edgy now but I cannot see any sign of
> anything equivalent to the shredder. Does anyone know of anything like
> it in Kubuntu please?
>
> Neil Winchurst
Once you have the kgpg icon (a lock) in your task bar, you should be able to
right click on it, go to configure kgpg, click on misc, then there is an
install shredder button.  Now, this is done on my system with dapper and kde
3.5.5.  I can't speak for edgy as I haven't loaded it yet.

HTH,
--
Ph03nix