Shredding files

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdevon.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Nov 26 22:48:12 UTC 2006

When I was working with my previous distro (Mandriva) I sometimes used
GPG for encryption. I am sure that it included a shredder, that is a way
of deleting files by actually overwriting the data many times to make
sure that it could not be retrieved. This was much, much safer than
simply using the delete key which left the contents intact.

I have set up GPG on kubuntu edgy now but I cannot see any sign of
anything equivalent to the shredder. Does anyone know of anything like
it in Kubuntu please?

Neil Winchurst