dpkg problem

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Nov 23 23:17:34 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 4:01 pm, Chiphazard56 at aol.com wrote:
> dpkg --configure -a

OK, I've done some more digging.  Several different threads like this one
where the next guy said "Run the command it told you to run" like I just did,
and the command didn't work.

Most of these pages aren't in English, which is always a good sign that you
have a really rare problem.

I have gleaned a couple of things to try by reading the followup and the next
suggestion that apparently worked.  However, I have no special knowledge of
the behind the scenes guts stuff of apt, and cannot endorse these
suggestions.  I am just passing them along.

Suggestion 1:

rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*

Suggestion 2:

apt-get clean

Try your luck.  I doubt you can make things any worse with either of these.
(Famous last words.  :)  )

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/