Dialup sharing in simple LAN

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Nov 22 23:47:01 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 5:43 pm, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:

> > 32 MB on a 386?  Back in those days having 2 MB was kick ass, and mostly
> > useless.
>
> Dont exagerate, my trusty 386 Toshiba laptop came with 4MB ram, which I
> increased to 12MB.

Maybe I did have 4 MB.  That was many computers ago.  It certainly wasn't
anywhere close to 32 though.  I do honestly think a 386 with that much RAM
would be a rare find.  But hey, I could be completely full of crap.  The
oldest computer I remember any details about was my trusty pre-MMX Pentium
166, which eventually wound up with 96 MB of RAM.  I can remember the
generations of machines prior to that, and what kind of bus they had, but not
how much memory.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/