KDE and too many programs

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Wed Nov 22 05:52:59 UTC 2006

I usually don't take the time to install KDE the way I want, but now I am
getting very interested in paring down all those programs to the ones I want
and need, and those I don't.

A big part of the problem are the metapackages and how they control the need
for all the tools.

Are metapackages safe to remove? Then customize the package choice as I wish,
while paying, of course, close attention to the dependancies involved? Ubuntu
seems to act as if they are crucial to the upgrades being handled properly.

Rob
--
Mountlake Terrace, WA