OT: Is Evolution a good email client?

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdevon.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 22:28:29 UTC 2006

Lord Sauron wrote:
> On 11/21/06, Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> wrote:
>
>> Is Evolution a good email client?
>>

> IMHO: No.  It sucks.
>

>> I am thinking of moving from Thunderbird and don't like KMail/Kontact
>> much - nor Sylpheed-claws.
>>

> I liked KMail a lot.  Thunderbird is OK, though I don't remember using it much.
>

>> I'm using Kubuntu Edgy.
>>

> Use KMail.  It's the best I've used (other than GMail, which is a
> whole different kind of horse, really.)

It just shows how it is all so personal. I use T-Bird but I am not too
keen on it, mainly because I cannot change the format of the date and
time on each email.
I also like Sylpheed which is the one I use most of the time. Don't try
Sylpheed-claws at first because that is the development version. I don't
like kmail at all.

As I said, each to his own

Neil Winchurst