OT: Is Evolution a good email client?

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:20:31 UTC 2006

On 11/21/06, Richard Johnson <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 November 2006 14:01, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > Is Evolution a good email client?
> >
> > I am thinking of moving from Thunderbird and don't like KMail/Kontact
> > much - nor Sylpheed-claws.
> >
> > I'm using Kubuntu Edgy.
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> > P.S. You can reply Off list if you want to.
> >
> > --
> > PrayingForIsrael.net
> > http://www.prayingforisrael.net/
> >
> > Messianic E-Cards.com
> > http://www.messianicecards.com/
>
> Personally, it is just as bad as the rest. I use KMail due to all of the
> features and the fact it intermingles nicely with the rest of my KDE apps.
> figured/thought Thunderbird was better than Evolution, but I know from
> what I
> have seen and used of Evolution, I am not in favor of it per say. But then
> again, I may be a little biased since I am so used to KMail. I have
> thought
> about going back to Mutt, but the KDE devs created this thing called a GUI
> for me, so I might as well use it ;)
>
> --
> .:Richard Johnson
> .:nixternal at ubuntu.com
> .:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
> .:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org

It's truly best to try it *yourself* as well as others and see what *you*
like and prefer.  What you might like and find useful/comfortable or
whatever might and probably will be completely different from the next
person.

--
With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo