[OT] would new cpu help firefox 2

Juergen Starek quiterigorouslyfilteredusenetaccount at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 19:39:45 UTC 2006

golfer schrieb:

> I'm running edgy and having recurring problems with firefox using 80+%
> cpu, thus slowing my entire system.  It seems to recur after I open a
> bunch of tabs.
>
> I'm only running an 800 Mhz pentium 3 with 392 MB ram, so maybe my
> computer is the problem.

I don't think so as I run the same software on a PII with only 366 MHz
and 256 MB of RAM, and while response times are sometimes around one
second, it's definitely usable. I'd suspect problems with a Flash player
or other helper applications -- or perhaps just a really badly written
JavaScript in one of the pages you loaded...

HTH, Jürgen