security updates ?

ac "aec$news" at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Nov 18 20:09:20 UTC 2006

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> Newbee question, Kubuntu not yet installed, I am still busy downloading the
> DVD iso (23% done, another five days to go  ;-3(
>
> Once I have installe Kubuntu, is there a process to download and install all
> the relevant security updated packages, or will I have to find them in the
> ubuntu-security-announce Archives, then go and download them one by one from
> http://security.ubuntu.com ?
> TIA,
> Ron, on the banks of the Paraguay River.

Welcome!

Well done for determination.
I would also consider sending a replacement CD if the first did not
arrive ok. Maybe the postal service people would like a few to try for
themselves? It is possible, - maybe consider this?

Security updates- these are usually received by online downloading.
You will have a choice about which updates to download. It is best to
use all of them. I am aware that after the initial installation, you
might expect security updates to be used very soon. Sometimes a lot.
You may choose to download a few at a time, I believe this is possible.

off topic:
What dvd are you downloading, I generally use the desktop 'CD' rather
than a dvd, or is this the one you mean?

best  wishes
--
ac