importing mail to KMail

Scott Kitterman kubuntu at kitterman.com
Sat Nov 18 18:05:14 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 12:54, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Just did a clean install of edgy on my amd64.
>
> I am using thunderbird at the moment with several email accounts.
> I would like to import just 2 of them to KMail - is this possible or
> does the KMail import wizard just copy everything over?
>
> Also, which format is best to store messages in KMail - mbox or maildir?

Kmail will give you a choice of what to import.  IIRC, Thunderbird stores each
folder in a separate Mbox.  You will need to import each Mbox separately (so
you can pick which ones you want).

Maildir is better in my experience.  More robust (file corruption only costs
you one message, not the entire folder) and faster.

Scott K