Scanning with HP OfficeJet 4255

Kaj Haulrich kaj at haulrich.net
Thu Nov 16 09:56:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 10:13, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 08:50, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > How can I get the scanner in my HP OfficeJet 4255 operating
> > under Linux? I see that I need something called sane, but I
> > don't know what to do with it. Any tips?
>
> SANE = Scanner Access Now Easy.  You will probably need the
> front-end to sane which is xsane.  Just :
> 'sudo apt-get install xsane'
>
> This wil place a menu item in K --> Graphics -->  XSane Imgae
> Scanner.
>
> Connect the scanner, start XSane and see if it finds the scanner.
>
> Those multi-function gadgets (printer+scanner) are tricky, but
> you can peruse this site :
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/

Hewlett-Packard supports many devices on linux.  They have a lots of
information on the HPLIP project.  Your device seems to be
supported :

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/inkjet_aio.html

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*** Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer ***
********* Running Linux (Kubuntu 6.10) *********