Samba Configuration tool broken

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 14 17:16:31 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 10:46, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I opened the KDE Samba configuration tool and found that it is broken.
> The text at the top says to press the "Administrative Mode" button. That
> makes sense ... EXCEPT THAT THERE IS NO ADMINISTRATIVE MODE BUTTON
> ANYWHERE! I expanded the page full screen, I retracted the panel, the
> button doesn't exist.
>
> Can anyone offer any help; I need to get Samba running under Edgy, but
> the development team has released the configuration tool in a useless
> state.

Try "Alt+i" and see if that opens the administration login. Also, if you press
and hold the Alt key and then left click the mous and drag the window up, you
still don't see an Administration button? This is on oddity w/o a doubt. I
can edit Samba and everything right here in KControl w/o any problems, unless
there is another Samba config tool somewhere else. I usually just edit
my /etc/samba/smb.conf file, so I am kind of dumb to the graphical
configuration for it.

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
.:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org