Lost Sound with Edgy

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Nov 12 04:57:45 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 9:57 pm, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

> I do appreciate your help, but I need a little more here.
> As always, thanks much.

Actually, what is it... alsaconf?  I think it's alsaconf.

It's not part of Kubuntu that I can see...  Hrm.  I give up.  Hell.  Here.
It's just a bash script.  I've fished it off my last remaining Debian box and
attached it to this message.

Save as ~/alsaconf

Then

sudo sh ~/alsaconf

That should do it.  No idea if it will work its magic (it's old) but it's
worth a whack.  I seem to recall using this to good effect on some box I
fiddled with recently (within the last six months or so.)

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/
See my new music stand unfolding at http://users.adelphia.net/~silvan/