Possible SPAM (2): Re: Continuous Error Code in TTY consoles

H.J.Bathoorn triade-lists at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Nov 12 21:22:12 GMT 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:13:45 -0500
Larry Hartman <larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Good idea, but no joy.  The error starts during the Kubuntu startup at the
> Hardware Abstraction Layer prior to xstart.  Someone at church this morning
> made the remark that maybe I dont have the proper driver.  I will be looking
> in this direction for a while.  Its frustrating/annoying, but doesnt make my
> system inoperable, my CPU speed is still pretty low.  I just can not use my
> TTYs...wondering though if it causes needless wear on my cd/dvd drive.

Well, if you're the only user on the laptop you could just remove the /etc/fstab entry. That way you would be required to mount the DVD 'manually' with "mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom" ..... I'm not sure if you could mount to  '/media/cdrom" i.e if the mountpoint would be there.

That would clear the errors of the TTY's until you find the solution.

--

Good luck,
HarM.