Dual boot: cannot access windows

Eduard Bonet bonedu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 21:16:21 UTC 2006

2006/11/10, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net>:

> When you install Windows it overwrites the master boot record (mbr) so
> that is correct Windows needs to be isntaleld first.  but i thought I saw
> something on the wiki for recusing a system like that
> > Windows needs to be installed first.  I think it needs to be near the
> > boot sector or something like that.
> >

> > Eduard Bonet wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have been running edgy (hdc3) and one hour ago i have installed
> >> windows (hdc1). Well, just after installing windows i could not start
> >> (nor even have the option) edgy, so i decided to use the alternate cd
> >> to reinstall the grub. Now the grub only allows to run edgy; where is
> >> windows?
> >>
> >> Help is truly needed because i need to use spss, a windows programe.
> >>
> >> Eduard
> >

> > --

Thanks for the answers!
Yes, but I also saw something around saying it is possible to install
windows after kubuntu, but i misunderstood it thinking that it was only a
matter of recovering grub. Well, i will wait just in case someone in this
list can help me, because otherwise i will have to reinstall windows and
edgy.