Flash 9 plugin

Joseph Vella vayu at sklinks.com
Thu Nov 9 04:35:02 UTC 2006

Tez wrote:
> Vayu wrote:
>
>> I installed it by copying and symlinking into various plugin directories
>> (I could look up exactly). When I view a flash site in Konqueror and
>> right click it shows "About Flash 9".
>>
>> When I do the same in Firefox it says "About Flash 7". When I go to
>> about:plugins in Firefox it shows Flash 9.
>>
>> Anyone know how can I tell what's going on?
>>

> Did you uninstall flashplugin-nonfree first? Sometimes the librarys
> conflict with eachother.
> Make sure you only have one flash library (libflashplayer.so) in the
> firefox plugin directorys: /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
>
> Tez

Well that's interesting. I don't have it in /usr/lib/firefox. There are
only a bunch of mplayer libs in there.

I don't remember but apparently I must have installed my own copy of
firefox at one time.

Besides the one in /opt and the one in my download directory, why would
I have so many flash libs? Any idea how I would safely clean up the mess
below? Or should I just copy the right library into all these
directories including the one you mentioned? I'm sure that would work,
but it seems a bit sloppy.

$ sudo updatedb
$ locate libflashplayer.so
/home/vayu/install/flash9beta/flash-player-plugin-9.0.21.55/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins-libc6/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-snapshot/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/opt/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so