Apt Dependency

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 9 00:45:31 UTC 2006

> packages
> > > about.plugins
> > > >
> > > Yes, in both the Mozilla browser and Firefox the
> > > about plugins page shows:
> > > Shockwave Flash
> > >
> > > File name: libflashplayer.so
> > > Shockwave Flash 9.0 d55
> > > >
> > > I have nothing in there about flash.
> > > need
> file."
> > > >
> > > A symlnk or just copy the file there as well.

/usr/share/app-install/desktop/flashplugin-nonfree.desktop

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer9_update/FP9_plugin_beta_101806.tar.gz

> > > Tez
> > >
> > Thanks for being so patient with me and answering
> the
> > somewhat OT items. Adding a symlnk in
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins did it for me. Never
> could
> > get about.plugins to work in firefox but it shows
> up
> > in mozilla as the correct version now. Read yor
> posts
> > all the time and really appreciate the fact you
> stay
> > with a request for help until the poster is
> satisfied.
> > All is well with flashplugin9 now. Again thanks
> for
> > your patient help,
>
> It's actually  about:plugins with a : not with a .
>
> --
> With kind regards,
>
> Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)

Oh stupid me. Can't believe as many times I've seen
about:plugins in mozilla address bar that I mistyped
the syntax in firefox so many times but I did. Anyway
it's nice to see the about:plugins uri in firefox for
the first time ever. Thanks for pointing out my dumb.
I certainly wont do that again, err, well anyway until
the next time an opportunity presents itself.
Much appreciated.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net