Apt Dependency

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 8 19:15:21 UTC 2006

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > Sorry to be such a nuisance. I have both packages
> > snip
> > Does flashplugin-nonfree show up in your
> about.plugins
> > if you use mozilla browser?
> >
> Yes, in both the Mozilla browser and Firefox the
> about plugins page shows:
> Shockwave Flash
>
> File name: libflashplayer.so
> Shockwave Flash 9.0 d55
> > Do you have a symlnk in /etc/alternatives for
> > flashplugin-nonfree? Is one needed?
> >
> I have nothing in there about flash.
> > I assume the answer is yes to the question "Do I
> need
> > a symlnk for libflashplayer.so in
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ to the
> > /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so file."
> >
> A symlnk or just copy the file there as well.
> > Do I need to copy

/usr/share/app-install/desktop/flashplugin-nonfree.desktop

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer9_update/FP9_plugin_beta_101806.tar.gz

> Tez

Thanks for being so patient with me and answering the
somewhat OT items. Adding a symlnk in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins did it for me. Never could
get about.plugins to work in firefox but it shows up
in mozilla as the correct version now. Read yor posts
all the time and really appreciate the fact you stay
with a request for help until the poster is satisfied.
All is well with flashplugin9 now. Again thanks for
your patient help,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net