What Does This Mean?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 8 07:09:50 UTC 2006

Ever since I did a -f install to fix a dependency
issue on the last upgrade, I get these errors on an
aptitude install or upgrade:

** (process:30373): CRITICAL **:
egg_desktop_entries_add_group: assertion
`egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries,
group_name) == NULL' failed

** (process:30373): CRITICAL **:
egg_desktop_entries_add_group: assertion
`egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries,
group_name) == NULL' failed

There may be one set after every pkg download or after
every 2 or 3 pkgs. Only the process ID changes.
Does anyone know what this means, what caused it and
how to fix and get rid of it.
Thanks for any assistance in understanding it. Never
seen anything like it before and I've seen a lot of
error output.
TIA.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net