Help!!! adept nightmare

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:47:37 UTC 2006

On 11/7/06, D. R. Evans <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:
> And a follow-up...
>
> adept is now essentially unusable; every time I try to use it, it
> quietly adds three vmware-player packages to the list of things to be
> installed.
>
> I hate it when system tools have a mind of their own.
>
> So the advice I received elsewhere to forget adept and use synaptic
> instead seems particularly timely and useful.

If you want to learn some more about the command line, aptitude is
basically the best package manager in the universe.  It's small, fast,
and isn't too presumptuous, yet it still has a element of "automagic"
to it that saves time.  It's a bit difficult to learn compared to
Synaptic, but you won't regret it!

--
GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+