o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 06:49:58 UTC 2006
Seems a lot of people have problems going from Dapper to Edgy so I just
wonder if some may be doing it wrong? Here are the instructions from
* NOTE: This procedure upgrades your system over the Internet,
which requires a large download of several hundred megabytes.
* In Konqueror go to /etc/apt, right click on sources.list and
choose Actions -> Edit as Root
* Change all instances of dapper to edgy
* Launch a console with KMenu -> System -> Konsole
* In the console run: sudo apt-get update
* In the console run: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and follow the
prompts to upgrade
* In the console run: sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
python-qt3 python-kde3 ubuntu-minimal and follow the prompts to install
* Reboot your computer
If you have a Kubuntu 6.10 CD, put it in the drive, and run apt-cdrom
from the command line. Then follow the instructions above.
As one can see it is not only about changing to edgy in sources.list and
then running dist-upgrade.
sorry if I sound lecturing but hopefully someone will avoid mistakes,
More information about the kubuntu-users