Can't start DVD iso installation...

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Sun Nov 5 22:05:41 UTC 2006

> Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> > However, when I select to "Install or start kubuntu" I never get
> > to the live desktop.
> > X just shows a blue screen for a couple of seconds, then a black
> > screen, then a blue screen, black, blue, <infinite loop>

Søndag 05 november 2006 20:06 kvad Martin J Hooper:
> That sounds like your graphics card is not being recognized.
>
> What type of card is it??

3dfx Voodoo3 with 16 MB RAM. Quite an old PCI card by now.

This would be the first time a Linux distro did not recognize this
card for me.

Is there some DVD boot options to tell the system what graphics card
modules to load to use for install?

Best regards

Johnny :o)