Kolourpaint missing

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Nov 5 15:33:33 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 10:02 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Why is Kolourpaint not included in the standard Kubuntu? It also does
> not seem to be in any repo. Is there any alternative available, or
> should I just go ahead and download it form sourceforge?

It looks like it should be in whatever version of the distro you're using.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+search?text=kolourpaint

I would guess it wasn't installed by default off the CD.  I noticed a lot of
things missing myself after installing from the CD, so the first thing I did
was install the "kde" metapackage, which pulled the vast heaping entirety of
the thing in one whack.  Wasteful, but easier than picking out the missing
components I actually use.

I'm not going to try to give you instructions how to accomplish this, because
I don't know the modern user friendly way of managing packages.  I just do
everything from the command line, the way I always have.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/
See my new music stand unfolding at http://users.adelphia.net/~silvan/