Beagle bombing

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:56:56 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 9:06 pm, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 8:52 pm, Bry Melvin wrote:
> > > From: dhcolesj at gmail.com> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject:
> > > Beagle bombing> Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:39:41 -0600> > I keep getting
> > > with return code 1> > My question is, has anyone else seen this and if
> > > so, is there a quick fix for > it?> > I didn't find anything that
> > > seemed to be relevant my first time through with > Google. I'm about to
> > > try again though.> > -- > See Ya'> Howard Coles Jr.> John 3:16!> >
> > > http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore> > -- > kubuntu-users mailing
> > > list> kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >
> > Back with SuSE 8.2 I had something similiar happening. There was a
> > scheduled job that searched for installed programs. I can't remeber the
> > name however. I seem to Remeber it was Kpackage related.
> >
> > Might check that out. I have only synaptic on my machines.  This is just
> > a WAG.
>
> Beagle is the desktop search app.  Kerry-Beagle is the KDE version of it.
> Behind the scenes this Crawler actually creates an index (I'm assuming) of
> what's on your machine once a day.
>
> What I found out, and it may not be related, is that the last time I tried
> to hibernate my laptop it apparently corrupted my swap partition.  Because
> I re-booted just after sending that message and saw messages relating to
> the swap partition's signature not being recognized.
>
> I reinitialized the swap partition, so we'll see if I get the error.

Well, that had no affect.  The error is still coming to my inbox, and
evidently beagle's crawler is still crashing.

I would have thought it was memory.

I tried running it manually but I can't tell if it actually started, and I
didn't get any messages to the console.  Could someone help me with the
actual command to run this to see what's going on?