Help!!! adept nightmare

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:00:40 UTC 2006

On 02/11/06, H.J.Bathoorn <triade-lists at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:43:20 -0700
> "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 8. How do I get out of this mess????? I want it to forget all about
> > bloomin' vmware-player.
>
> When it shows up in adept just <right> click the "vmplayer" entry and choose 'cancel change'.
> That way it wont upgrade along with the rest ....... it will keep showing tho.

But then I will never know when there's a real update unless I keep
opening the updater and checking.

So, yes, ignoring the problem is, I suppose, one option (akin to
ignoring the error messages that pop up on my wife's Windows box at
boot time). But I really want the system to forget all about
vmware-player.

(And I figure that there's a good chance that if adept is this
confused about one package, it's only a matter of time before it gets
equally confused about more packages. And then there's the corollory:
what if I actually wanted to have vmware-player on my system? Right
now, there seems no way I could install it even if I wanted to.)

So really I need to find a way to get the database into a self-consistent state.