Recovering directory

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Wed Nov 1 05:13:58 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 23:47, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> How do you figure that's going to put "rm -rf" on a leash?
>
>        -f, --force
>               ignore nonexistent files, never prompt
>
>        -i, --interactive
>               prompt before any removal
>
>        -r, -R, --recursive
>               remove directories and their contents recursively
>
> If you want a leash, omit the "f" next time.

It seems pretty stupid to allow -f to never prompt, if an explicit -i is
involved.

One distro I used to run (Mandriva?) had the alias setup, and rm -rf was on a
leash, with the query needing to be answered and it saved my tush several
times. But maybe rm was altered to for f to pay attention to the explicit -i
flag.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA