freecontrib.org

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 00:02:00 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 10:57 pm, Brendan wrote:
> On Monday 30 October 2006 22:52, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:

> > > Yep, and what I found with 5 seconds of google searching revealed:
> > > ## PLF fallback repository - edgy
> > > deb http://mrpouit.free.fr/plf-fallback edgy-plf free non-free
> > > deb-src http://mrpouit.free.fr/plf-fallback edgy-plf free non-free
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure how to take your message:
> > At this point my very sarcastic nature takes it as a "Hey, dufus if you'd
> > just searched Google you wouldn't have bothered the list" in which case
> > I'd respond  in a very sharp tone letting you know that this question was
> > posted a full 2 days before the fallback was online, and some other sharp
> > quips.
> >
> > However, I'm trying to suppress that because its not nice, nor accurate,
> > and its very annoying to others who would refrain from helping me in the
> > future. So, I'm gonna take it as "Hey, I just found out from searching
> > Google that its now, this . . ." and respond in kind to your help:
> >
> > Thanks, I meant to post this as soon as I found out, but I also got a
> > message from the maintainer that they have the real freecontrib up, but
> > its moving. Quote, "It seems to be back online.
> > But I have also started the migration to zarb.org, but it isn't finished
> > yet, so http://packages.freecontrib.org will stay the main mirror for the
> > moment." So, you beat me to posting it.
> >
> > So we'll both need to be on the look out for when it changes to zarb.org.
> >
> > Its amazing at how complicated communication can get!  :-D
> > As a Starbucks "Barista" says each day, "Have a sparkling day!"
>
> I just meant that it was obviously on top of the list, so I would assume
> that the page was popular. My 5 seconds comment was more like "I didn't
> actually put much effort into this, so take it with a grain of salt".

some days I just get too aggravated at various things, and it carries over to
things it shouldn't.  So, I thought it better to be nice.  I figure it might
be better for me one day.  :-O

I haven't heard about whether the move over was done yet.  I'll try to
remember to catch the post as soon as it happens and let the list know.

And no, we wont be flaming each other.  I have no intention of that.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore