Changing to root in konqi

Joe Hart j.hart at hccnet.nl
Tue May 30 07:26:09 UTC 2006

John L Fjellstad wrote:

>"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> writes:
>

>I've been readin the thread, and I don't think you can do exactly what
>you are asking for. But what you can do is execute a command inside the
>konq.
>
>For instance, say you want to delete a file that you have selected.
>Ctrl-E (or Tools->Execute Command)
>then type
>kdesu rm <file>

An excellent tip!

 I run into the problem with my hot plug devices.  If I have things
plugged in when the system is turned on, then I have to be root to
unmount them.  Pain in the ass to pull up the console when the unmount
item is just sitting in the menu and I can't use it.  Maybe I need to
see if I can edit that popup.

That's one thing I really like about KDE, if you look hard enough, you
can find out how to do anything!  Worst case scenario, download the
source, make your changes and then recompile.

Just don't think about upgrading if you do that, unless you're careful
on how you do your implementation.  Better to join the KDE Developers if
you're going to go that far anyway.

Most things can be accomplished by editing the config files.  The
documentation is actually quite good.  Someday I might just read it all
;)  There are some really nice articles in TuxMagazine from Mango that
give some of the reasons we use Kubuntu and not Ubuntu.  She detests Gnome.