KMail/Kontact Is Extremely Slow

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Fri May 26 18:34:29 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> When I select "Configure Filters" from the Settings menu, the Filters window
> can require 16 seconds to appear on my machine.  This does not seems write.

Same here.  Gentoo Linux (why I'm not as talkative of late) 2006.0 KDE 3.4.

> I'm running Kubuntu Dapper, KDE 3.5.2, aptitude upgraded every night, on a
> Dell Dimension 2350 (2.0 GHz).  What could be wrong with my machine or
> installation?

I'm not sure what caused the slowness.  I don't use KMail anymore
since I deleted .kde and .kde3.4 to kill some speed bugs.  I do know
that spamassassin is very very slow, and disabling it might help you
diagnose where the speed is being used.

> Should I file a bug report with bugs.kde.org?

Not just yet, I should think.

--
GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+