Multimedia and the web

Aaron Siegel bulk_mail at siegel-tech.net
Tue May 23 16:57:10 UTC 2006

Hello

I have just recently started running kunbuntu in my laptop. I am have been
running FreeBSD for many years and am new to the Debian environment,

As of now I am unable to get kaffeine or amarok to play a mp3 or mpeg (any
media). I have install all the gstreamer packages available and all the
amarok/kaffeine package that are available. I would also like to embed one of
these players into my web browsers for playing videos.  Is this possible?

I have been using Kmplayer for a year. It does embeds into a web browser and
plays DVDs. I also tried Kaffeine on a SUSE and was unable to get it to work.
This is an important function of my laptop but I do not want to spend a lot of
time working on set up this basic function.

Thank you
Aaron