Amarok 1.4 with xine-engine problem

Leticia Hernández aikurn at gmail.com
Sun May 21 12:00:08 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've installed the new Amarok 1.4 from the Kubuntu repository. The
first time I launched it it gave the error message "Xine was unable to
load any audio drivers." and it switched to the void-engine. Now I
can't play anything.

I was using 1.4 beta 1 before this and it didn't gave any errors.
After the problem I've mentioned before, I tested 1.4 beta 3 witch
gave the same disappointing error.

Has anyone experienced the same error? Or, is anyone using 1.4 final
without problems?

I'm totally lost on how to repair this so any comments or suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leticia.