System back up

Dave dsterken at gmail.com
Fri May 19 05:30:58 UTC 2006

Well, I have tried the Live CD option, installed Partimage, and ran
it. However, it appears that Partimage is not compatible with ext3
file systems and unfortunately that is what I am using.  :-(

I will look more into Mondo/Mindi and see if it is compatible. In the
meantime, does anyone happen to know whether or not Mondo/Mindi has
the ability to make a backup while the target partition is still
mounted? It seems to me that it is a big pain in the butt to go
through the whole Live CD route everytime.

On 5/18/06, Michel D'HOOGE <michel.dhooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I also tried Mondo/Mindi but neither have a man page and I can't figure
> out
> > how it works.
> http://www.mondorescue.org/docs.shtml
>
> There is a TUI (Text GUI ;-) that asks some questions then do the job.
> --
> Michel

Dave Sterken