[breezy] Printer stopped working

Malcolm Yates mdy at canonical.com
Thu May 18 10:10:15 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 23:15, Alastair Preston wrote:

> > > That's odd. On my Kubuntu setup, I just enter the URL in Konqueror and
> > > open the page - it doesn't require a login. I haven't touched any of
> > > the CUPS configuration files since I installed Kubuntu. Nor do I need
> > > to login when accessing that URL on my Mandriva 2006 system. It's
> > > possibly a difference between different Kubuntu releases - I'm using
> > > Kubuntu 6.0.6rc2 (kernel 2.6.15- 21-386) and CUPS 1.2rc3. The Mandriva
> > > 2006 box has their current release (not an rc version) on it.
> >
> > Sound like you're using dapper? Could it be that it's been fixed there?
>
> I am using Dapper. You may be correct about it having been fixed there.

Since updating last week ( can't remember the exact level, but I'm now on
2.6.15-22-386, I have been unable to access any printers from KDE, on my home
network.

Not tied it down yet at all, but something has changed in CUPS recently .....

Malc

--
Ubuntu - Linux for Human Beings
http://www.ubuntu.com		http://www.canonical.com