Editing ID3 tags of mp3's

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon May 15 16:31:48 UTC 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 11:58, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 5/13/06, Tez <binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > What program can I use to automatically edit the ID3 tags of an mp3
> > > collection based upon the file names? I have tried EasyTag but it does
> > > not support the UTF-8 that I need because my file names are in Hebrew.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

Are you sure EasyTag doesn't support UTF-8?  I have some songs in Portuguese
and the characters display fine.  Never asked why because I learn through
solving problems, not looking into things that work fine.  Perhaps it is a
preference setting?

Have you looked into Kid3.  That seems to have nice simultaneous support for
different tag versions. I don't like it because once you have made some
changes to a few files in a directory, saving is an all files in a directory
or none choice, but it may work for you.

There are also command line tools like id3 and id3ed.  I have used them in
scripts, and not sure what they support.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.
Info @