Random computer crashing

Mark Warner markwarner1954 at att.net
Sun May 14 12:36:33 UTC 2006

Reseat your memory sticks.
  "Mitchell Brown" <mbgb14 at gmail.com> wrote in message news:102a65840605122125h33efe0c3p702964d117ca5e3f at mail.gmail.com...
  Okay everyone! My brother swapped out my power supply for a brand new one of 400W, cleaned out my case, fixed a couple of LED's in the front panel - and guess what?

  PCLinuxOS is dead. Completely and utterly dead. I booted from the hard drive and the livecd. Same thing. After the "Booting the system..." gauge, it gets to a black screen with a cursor (text cursor - it looks like an underscore "_"). That's it. Nothing. I hit ESC for verbose mode, and everything boots up just fine, no complaints. Then, when it goes to graphical mode its just stuck. I've never ever ever had that problem with PCLinuxOS. I've never had to use a cheatcode. Or a boot command. Nothing. I just put it in and it worked. For a year now :( And now its broke.

  Anyone have any guesses as to *why* this is happening and what I can do? I tried going into the bios and reloading all my defaults and everything is set properly. But still a no-go.