root issues

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri May 12 14:55:55 UTC 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 06:43, Aaron J. Shafenberg wrote:
> after the log in when I’m trying to configure certain items that it tells
> me I need to get root access, I provide my password and sometimes it works
> and I’m able to change what I want and sometimes it won’t work.

Which items are giving you problems?  Some items, like the web interface to
samba and cups are disabled.  Other things like firewall configurations
require a true root account -- sudo won't work.
--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c