apt-get error message

Scott listboi at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat May 6 23:40:09 UTC 2006

On 05/06/2006 12:33 PM, * Dotan Cohen spake thusly:

> Thanks, Jim. How would I go about finding out who the package
> maintainer is, to ask him if he plans on updating the package?

$apt-cache show kdevelop

The maintainer will be listed on the 4th line.

I'm running Dapper so kdevelop isn't in the repository or I'd have just
pasted it here.  It's now kdevelop3.

Actually that might answer your other question, now that I think about it.

I'd suggest waiting till Dapper is released on June 1.  If it were
earlier in the year I'd have suggested requesting a backport.

>If he
> doesn't the nwould I have to install from source or is there another
> way?

Compiling from source is probably your best bet, followed by installing
with checkinstall.

There's always the option seeking out a Debian package or converting an
RPM with alien, but that often can cause conflicts.

I only do that out of absolute desperation. :-)

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com