Problem with faulty package

Frank Brassil fbrassil at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 6 08:04:52 UTC 2006

Hello Everybody

I am running breezy and tried to install a package called lilypond, which is
music typesetting software. Unfortunately the package is broken, but now
whenever I try to do anything to upgrade the system, I get error messages
about the package. I have ready every bit of documentation I can find and
have tried to delete, remove and purge it, but it will not go away.

Has anyone any advice?

the following is what happens:

frank at bandicoot:/var/cache/apt/archives$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/4736kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 69889 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lilypond-data 2.6.3-9~breezy1
(using .../lilypond-data_2.6.3-9~breezy1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement lilypond-data ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/lilypond-data.postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such
file or directory
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file or
directory
dpkg: error
processing /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9~breezy1_all.deb
(--unpack):
 subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file or
directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
 /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9~breezy1_all.deb
frank at bandicoot:/var/cache/apt/archives$

Thanks in anticipation for your help

Kind regards

Frank Brassil